Dayton Audio - PS220-8 - 8" Point Source Full-Range Neo Driver
The Dayton Audio PS Series drivers do it all: true bass, articulate midrange, and balanced, extended highs. An intensive program of design and testing has yielded full-range speakers that feature high sensitivity and smooth response, both on- and off-axis. Although an ideal match for lower powered Class A and Class T designs, the PS220-8 8" driver's superb resolution and natural sound quality make it a viable option for an even wider variety of applications. The PS Series' audio performance is complemented by the speaker's striking appearance—they look great in dipole and other open back designs, too!
- High sensitivity/minimal distortion—an ideal match for lower powered amplifiers
- Parasitic HF cone and carefully engineered phase plug extend on- and off-axis response
- Solid bass performance, thanks to usefully high excursion capability (5 mm Xmax)
- Optimized neodymium magnet provides high motor strength
- Low-mass copper clad aluminum voice coil
- Copper cap and copper ring on pole piece reduce inductance and distortion
- Kevlar reinforced paper cone is lightweight yet rigid and well controlled
- Nominal Diameter: 8"
- Power Handling (RMS): 40 Watts
- Power Handling (max): 80 Watts
- Impedance: 8 ohms
- Frequency Response: 40 to 25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 96.5 dB 2.83V/1m
- Voice Coil Diameter: 1"
- Resonant Frequency (Fs): 46.4 Hz
- DC Resistance (Re): 6.2 ohms
- Voice Coil Inductance (Le): 0.73 mH
- Mechanical Q (Qms): 5.73
- Electromagnetic Q (Qes): 0.40
- Total Q (Qts): 0.38
- Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas): 3.19 ft.³
- Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms): 1.41 mm/N
- BL Product (BL): 6.15 Tm
- Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms): 8.4g
- Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax): 4.8 mm
- Surface Area of Cone (Sd): 216.4 cm²
Materials of Construction:
- Cone Material: Paper / Kevlar
- Surround Material: Rubber
- Voice Coil Wire Material: Copper
- Voice Coil Former: Aluminum
- Basket / Frame Material: Cast Aluminum
- Magnet Material: Neodymium
- Overall Outside Diameter: 8.72"
- Baffle Cutout Diameter: 7.13"
- Depth: 3.7"
- Bolt Circle Diameter: 8.27"
- # Mounting Holes: 6
Optimum Cabinet Size (determined using BassBox 6 Pro High Fidelity suggestion):
- Sealed Volume: 0.5 ft.³Sealed F3: 108 Hz
- Vented Volume: 1.15 ft.³
- Vented F3: 68 Hz
Product Manuals / Spec Sheets / Downloads:
- Dayton Audio PS220-8 Graphs/FRD/ZMA Data File - To download, Please click Here
- Dayton Audio PS220-8 Klippel Test Results - To download, Please click Here
- Dayton Audio PS220-8 Specifications - To download, Please click Here
- The Singularity - Please click Here