Quick Information:

You can login to the forum using the very same login credentials of your account with diyaudiocart.com

My First HiFi-Pi Audio Project

My First HiFi-Pi Audio Project

My goal was to create a High End Mediacenter using a Raspberry pi3. Which can be control through Mobile as well as Remote(IR).Seeing that the built-in audio chip bcm2835 of the pi wasn’t capable of producing High-Quality audio.After some research we came across the PIANO Hi-Fi DAC card and VOLT AMP from allo.com.

Piano dac uses best in class DAC PCM5122 for best sound quality in class-D amplifier they using TI’s TPA3118.One of my attraction was i can stack the Piano Dac and volt amp top of Raspberry Pi3(HAT Compliant).

Selected VOLUMIO as player because music player is also free and open source, supports nearly all types of audio formats and Network playing options(UPNP\DLNA,Airplay, Spotify and Web-Radios).It had an awesome interface that can be accessed via ip address. And there was also an option to convert the RPI3 to hotspot that can be accessed by smartphones.

Next started searching for Small Bookshelf speakers, ended up on Amazing piece of Craft by DIYaudiocart’s ‘Leron Mk1 BS’. Small make wonders... speechless performance Nothing More... Played our first song and was mesmerized by the sound quality.

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Excellent presentation ,appreciate your efforts !!!

Please share total cost too
  • pap
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Gireesh.
    Total cost nearly INR.21K
  • Hi, Can I use directly Allo - Volt Amp - Audio Amplifier on Rasberry Pi 3 B+ or what else I need?
  • Ideally you would need a DAC like Boss or Piano which converts the digital audio to analouge signals for the amplifier input.